Wednesday, September 22, 2010

90210-Finally, someone told Jen to "Suck it!"

Naomi_90210.jpg
I am really starting to love Naomi. As is she, obviously.

I have to say, the beginning of the show where Naomi (AnnaLynn McCord) got her money back and Jen (Sara Foster) got denied was definitely the best part. It kind of went downhill from there for me. I think it is because every story line went exactly where I expected it to go (yet everyone acts completely inexplicably), with the exception of the whole Annie (Shenae Grimes)/Liam (Matt Lanter) thing. (Come on, no one expected that!!) Here's a breakdown!


The Good:

-Naomi told Jen to "suck it"! That was the best thing that happened! By far!

-The entire Naomi story is going well so far for me. She was pretty much the only character focused on tonight whose actions made any sense whatsoever. Even her lies seem like typical teenage screwups, especially considering what she has been through. And I completely understand why she wanted to run down the creepy rapist teacher.

-No Deb!

-The writers remembered that Liam was all rebellious and stuff!

-Naomi's 18th birthday party makes the tiara I wore at mine look decidedly tame.

The Bad:

-Jen is still on the show.

-Ryan Matthews' hair. And lack of drunk person beard.

-Ugh the fact that Ryan (Ryan Eggold) is moving in with Jen and she has to be on bedrest and she is so so alone and so sad and can't force anyone else to take care of her. I do not want to see Jen redeemed by pregnancy, motherhood, love or any combination thereof.

-Annie and Liam schmoopy talk. I thought I was okay with them being together, but then I saw it, and it was gross.

- The fact that everyone on this show with an accent is evil.

-The fact that I caught myself wondering "Is Navid (Michael Steger) even on this show anymore?"

-Seriously Ivy (Gillian Zinser), that was the tamest body shot ever. I cannot even understand why you would be pissed off at Dixon about such a thing.

-Silver's dress, Ivy's dress (or whatever it was) and to a lesser a extent, Naomi's dress.

The Inexplicable:

-Um, I guess Teddy's (Trevor Donovan) a drunk now? Or something? (THAT'S why his mouth tasted bad!)

-The fact that British dude is sleeping with Ivy's mom (Kelly Lynch), and somehow has concocted a plan to sleep with Ivy, as a means to keep sleeping with her mom? I don't get it. Women don't like it when you sleep with their daughters. This guy as a lot to learn about seduction.
Ivy_90210.jpg
The British dude is looking more than a little lurky here.


-Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) continues her downward spiral towards becoming a total sociopath. Remember when I used to like her?!

-Adrien Grenier is the drummer in a band? Okay. Good for him!

-Okay, let's talk about West Beverly High's "Senior Advisor" program. Why does it necessitate so much alone time between rapey teachers and students? I know that Harry: Amazing Principal, Terrible Husband is gone, but there has to be someone in the administration who can fix this!

-Annie meets a dude, decides to date Liam, dumps Liam and then calls the first dude all in like 2 days? Said dude is actually Liam's brother? Does he know Annie dated Liam for five seconds? Is Liam going to totally freak out when he sees them together? (The answer to that last question is a big fat YES.) This whole storyline is weird. At least I don't have to see Annie kiss Liam anymore.

- At this point, Dixon (Tristan Williams) has become the most likable character on the show.

-Silver completely disbelieving Naomi when admitted that Mr. McRapeypants, Journalism Teacher, raped her. Considering the character of Silver is supposed to be some big feminist, it doesn't sit with me that she would just dismiss that accusation out of hand the way she did, even considering Naomi's previous actions.
Silver_90210.jpg
Silver's dress is incredibly ugly, as is her attitude!

-Also, why is Silver fawning all over Mr. McRapeypants, Journalism Teacher anyway? He is clearly weird, and being totally inappropriate with her.



Next week:
Adrianna's transformation into a super terrible person will be complete!

No comments: