Wednesday, September 15, 2010

90210 is back! And it's crazy!

<span class=
Wow. Let no one say that 90210 didn't come back with a bang. I mean, I don't think anyone actually banged, but you know what I mean. That episode was intense!


First things first though. 90210 has tragically moved to Mondays. This is tragic because I watch it with my friends on Tuesdays, and do something else on Monday nights, so now you have to wait until Tuesday night for my posts and I have to spend the day running away from people who try to talk about 90210 to me. SPOILER ALERT people! I think we will all make it through this difficult time though, so not to worry.

On to this crazy episode! I'm gonna go by character, because so much happened in this ep, I don't even know how else to unpack it! I mean, there was an earthquake and everything!

Annie.<span class=
I like Annie (Shenae Grimes) so much more now that she has learned to tone down her face.

Annie (Shenae Grimes)- Well either Shenae Grimes reads my blog or she spent the summer taking acting lessons, because her crazy face-making is down at least 80%. So good for her! Because of this, I hated her slightly less than usual, which is a pretty big achievement when you consider the fact that the only consequences she faced for drunkenly killing a guy were some offscreen house arrest and some hugs from her mom or something. I actually yelled "That's it?!" to my friend Sarah, even though her two kids were sleeping mere feet away from me and I should not have been so loud! But my rage got the better of me.

Anyway, I was actually halfway moved in the scene with scheming theater owner or whatever she is, where she talked about how killing that dude was a part of her and she was forever changed by it. It must be acting classes.

By the way, the scheming theater lady is played by the woman who played the hated Hallie Lowenthal on My So-Called Life, so I will have no problem hating her when her evil plan unfolds. (What nefarious thing does she want to do with Annie that requires her to be beautiful, responsible AND desperate? I cannot even venture a guess. How does 'responsible' ever work into a scheme!?)

So, the takeaway here is, I hate Annie less. Also, I have to admit that kiss with Liam was kind of hot. (Um, I would date the HELL out of that guy if I were her. Friends schmiends Annie!)



Phew, I had a lot to say about Annie's storyline, even though it wasn't even close to the craziest. Most insane story? It's a toughie, but I'm gonna give it to...Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes). Um, apparently over the summer Adrianna became a terrible terrible person. Thanks for taking all the joy out of the long awaited Ade/Navid reunion 90210! I mean when you find yourself asking about your career hours after watching your ex-boyfriend die in front of your eyes, it's time to reevaluate your priorities. "Oh man Laurel, sorry about someone you have known for like 10 years dying tragically, but the real question is, when am I getting back into the studio?!" I don't care how jerky he was being right before he died, that does not excuse stealing his songs and trying to record them as your own! I did enjoy it when Navid (Michael Steger) told her he had always been "lukewarm" on her songwriting. Nice accidental burn Navid!

Teddy/Silver- Everything about that storyline seemed kind of weird and rushed to me, but I do dig the Mia Farrow thing Silver(Jessica Stroup) has going on this season. Also I have been too spoiled about future developments with them to talk about it too much now! (Feel free to ask me about it in the comments or something! Or when you see me.) Poor Teddy (Trevor Donovan) and his torn ACL. Now instead of being a professional tennis star he'll just have to be the rich son of a famous actor. What will he do now? Go to college?! Oh how will he go on?!

But it cannot be said that Teddy's not a good guy, because he did try to stop Naomi (AnnaLynn McCord) from gangbanging some kids from school. She'll thank you for that some day pal, I promise. There are things that I like about this Naomi rape story, including, to be honest, the idea of having villain that is not one of the main cast and is truly beyond redemption, even if I think he might be a cartoonish in his awfulness. Unfortunately, I am not so sure that Annalynn McCord is a strong enough actress to carry this story. (Though they really did her a favor in rape reporting scene but casting one of the most wooden actresses ever. Was that a real cop or something?) I also don't like that they have her resorting to classic "slutty" behavior, especially since that is exactly what Annie did after she killed a dude. (Sext anyone?!) Hey 90210 writers, all women don't deal with trauma by becoming sex maniacs! I'm interested to see where this goes though, so I'm withholding judgment.
<span class=
Since this the only couple I like left to root for, THEY BETTER NOT BREAK UP.

Ivy/Dixon/Austin Powers- There are so many reasons that I don't understand why Ivy would be fantasizing about that douchey British guy. Here are just a few:
1. His stupid ponytail
2. His accent isn't even hot.
3. He seems very inconsiderate.
4. Dixon is rocking a hot "young Michael Jackson" thing this season.
5. Dixon is obviously a tiger in the sack, considering Silver got his name tattooed on her hip after their first time and an ADULT WOMAN faked a pregnancy so she could keep sleeping with him.
6. They love each other! So step off Ponytail!

Deb(Lori Loughlin)- Big fat WHO CARES. For real. No one does.

Liam (Matt Lanter) Got kicked out of his house, wants Annie for some reason, is still hot. Here's a picture:
Liam.<span class=

Ryan Matthews (Ryan Eggold)- I miss his drunk person beard.

The Kardashians- They suck at acting, Khloe's outfit was super unflattering, and I think in real life they would give their friend a dress, because they seem nice. Not that I watch shows with them in it or anything like that. I'm just saying.

Next week: I feel like the previews were kind of cryptic...Silver has Naomi's rapist as a senior advisor (which is an incredibly important thing at West Bev apparently), Teddy's mouth tastes bad? I don't know. Hopefully Jen (Sara Foster) won't be back, because I was annoyed just see her in the previouslies.

1 comment:

Josh said...

K&K would definitely give their friend a dress.